Saturday, February 18, 2006

Just a quick question...

I will post something later today when I have news of blood levels, etc. Here's my quick question for all my loyal fans:)

since i seem to have some time on my hands i was wondering if you all could just write in a favorite book or two and a favorite movie or two. i'm a big fan of classic literature, BUT, brain just cannot handle it:) i don't do much modern lit, but if there is something, good and easy to read, i may be able to handle it:)
so, what's a favorite book and what's a favorite movie (i have a dvd player on my laptop and a reg. vcr on the hospital tv).thanks for your help:)

If you would like to leave a comment, at the end of this particular blog entry you will see the word "comment". Click on that. Another page opens up where you can leave a comment. I believe that I have it set up so that you do not have to have a blogger account to leave a comment... you just click on anonymous (but in your comment, let me know who you are:) Also, there is this crazy letter verification thing on my comments. that's to keep people from spamming my comments. just type the letters as you see them and hit enter. if it doesn't go through at first, keep trying... I have a had time deciphering the word verification myself:) If this doesn't work, just send me a regular email at cdblankenstein[at]hotmail[dot]com. change the [at] to @ and [dot] to a period. Hope this all makes sense...

5 Comments:

Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

Christina,
I'm a big fan of short stories. I mean, what's not to like? You get to read an entire story in one sitting! And now that my attention span (at least for books) is almost completely shot, shorts stories are an even better options. OR poems.

Also, have you read "Touching Heaven" by John Oliver? I HIGHLY recommend it. It's not too long and it makes for a good read. If you need any reading material, just ask and I'll bring you some good short story collections and "Touching Heaven." (I also have some issues of The Handmaiden if you'd like to borrow?).

Movies: Obviously you can see my recommendations at my blogger or myspace site. What kind of movies are you up for watching? Chick flicks? Comedies? Drama? Documentaries?

9:28 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I think comedies might be nice... or, wait, chick flicks because Paul doesn't like to watch those very much:)

I haven't read touching heaven, but i know that we have it. And if you have a fav. short story author, I would be willing to try it.

thanks so much, katie!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm reading an interesting book right now, called _Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality_, by Don Miller. He's a Portland author, so there's lots of local interest. He's got lots of interesting questions and observations. I like the opening paragraph, which was in the newspaper (which is how I found out about the book) about how he heard an Indian person say that God is in the wind and the water, and how wonderful that is, because you can swim in God and God can play across your face when you're outside.

Anyway, it's light reading but with cool concepts.

Barbara Kingsolver is one of our favorite authors, and you'd have time for Poisonwood Bible in the hospital. But if you feel more like short essays, she's got books of those, too. And as for short stories, I love Tolstoy's short stories.

Anne Lamott. I really enjoy her very honest style.

My favorite movie is Benny and Joon, and the second favorite is Return to Me. I suppose both have their chick characteristics....The Notebook is kind of a chick flick that I sobbed through in the movie theater. Weird because it was the first movie I ever went to by myself and it felt weird to be sobbing in public without anyone to sympathize with me!

If I think of any other recommendations, I'll let you know.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you've already read them, but if not, Harry Potter is a fun easy read.

Fun comedy/chick flicks: 13 Going On 30, About A Boy, can't think of anything else right now.

11:19 PM  
Blogger kristinsdóttir! said...

Oh, Susannah by Kate Wilhelm is a good one. Everyone I recommend it to enjoys it.

Hey! I have a copy. I'll bring it to you!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home