Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Feb.18 Hospital Report... Live from Christina's Hospital Room

Please be sure to scroll down to my earlier entry for today... it was a request for good book and movie titles:)

Today, my hemoticrit is up to 26. One more whole point. It is good news... at least it is not going down. I'm starting the feel the effects of the high doses of prednisone. My face is very flushed and my brain is kind of off. I'm not as agitated as when I have had to go on previous high doses of prednisone... but that might be because I'm still tired from the anemia. They are having a difficult time keeping my blood sugars under control (due to the high prednisone). They keep increasing my insulin. Maybe all this stuff that I've been taking and treatments I've been undergoing since mid-January is finally paying off?!?!?

Baby Petros had an unreactive non stress test this morning... His heart is steady and it never dipped, but it never spiked, either. So they did an ultrasound and he passed. He's already gone through a stressful life and he isn't even born yet! Maybe that will make him a strong person, like his Pappous/grandpa (who he is named for) and like his patron saint (St. Peter the Apostle).

Regarding the diabetes I am going through... I have a new appreciation for what Rob/Paul has gone through most of his life. Granted, he's on an insulin pump and if he wants ice cream, he can eat ice cream (whereas I cannot). I also have a new appreciation for when he wants a diet coke... I used to get on him for drinking too much diet coke... but when you really are allowed only water to drink... it gets pretty boring. I have been on such an anti-aspertame kick that now, as that's the only sweetener I can have, I am beginning to appreciate it, a little. Still trying to not consume too much Splenda, but there are just those moments when you gotta have a little sugar free chocolate pudding:)

That's all for today... thanks for reading....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home