Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Feb. 19... Reporting Live from Christina's Room

Sorry it has taken me all day to report to you. My levels have dropped, not severely, but enough that they are going to induce me tomorrow. That could possibly change, if they are able to bring my levels up without a transfusion, but it is unlikely. So, we may have a little baby Petros with us tomorrow! Also, I must forewarn you, I am on IVIG again and they had to give me more benadryl. So please forgive any errors in this blog entry:) I'm a little loopy.

They are hoping to deliver normally and they are in the process of preparing me for that. Less blood loss than a c-section. Obviously, if something goes wrong they will deliver by c-section. We will wait and see. The baby is 33 1/2 weeks right now which is very good.

Rob/Paul noticed that tomorrow is the feast day of St. Philothei... a patron saint of Athens who was martyred by the Ottomans. This is somewhat significant for me, personally. Back in the Summer of 2004, I became pregnant and my due date was Feb. 20, the feast of St. Philothei. I thought that if we had a girl, I would like to have Philothei as part of her name (first or middle, not sure). Well, I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. And I remember my due date coming and going and how sad I was last year. And now, this little boy may just be coming on that same due date. St. Philothei, intercede to God for us on your feast day, tomorrow.

Thanks for all the book suggestions.... after the baby is born, he will have to stay in the hospital for a while. And I will have to stay in the hospital for a while until I am stabilized and the doc. decide what the next step in my recovery process will be. Maybe all my blood work will start going back to normal. Maybe they will have to remove my spleen. It's all way up in the air at this point. So please continue to pray for us, especially tomorrow. And thanks....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you and praying all day tomorrow

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home