Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday Feb. 20... Early Morning Edition from Christina's Bed

It's almost 7am here, west coast time. I was able to sleep quite a bit, although, at 6:30am the IV nurse came to draw blood and then five minutes later the hematologist was making his rounds and then my nurse noticed all the activity and figured I was up so time to do vitals, etc.

Like I just wrote, I was able to sleep. BUT about 2 am the nurse came in because (now if women's bodily stuff grosses you out, stop reading now and skip to the next paragraph. It's ok to skip, Rob/Paul would) the stuff they use to soften my cervix wasn't agreeing with the baby. So they removed it. I was having unsteady contractions while they were softening my cervix which is quite normal, but I guess while I was sleeping, it was having a negative effect on baby. Afterwards, I went back to sleep and was able to sleep until 6:30am.

(It's ok to read now)...
So, they are testing my blood levels, we'll see where they are at. And I guess I'm just waiting for the perenatologist to come in and we can talk about what to do next. I just didn't want any of you to think that I'm superwoman... in the midst of labor and writing out blog entries:) I will definitely keep you posted... I feel so much like I am on a roller coaster... we are going to follow this plan one minute and then something happens to change and we're going this way. I think I might actually have doctors scratching their heads about me:) For those that know me really well, they would say I have never been normal. But, at least I may be able to get a shower in this morning. All I can say is keep praying, keep praying, keep praying. That's about all I can do at this point, too. It's definitely all in God's hands and in God's timing. Thanks...

Oh, I almost forgot. My sister, Katherine, came down with her kids to watch Pavlos for the next few days so that mom can be here. Familiy always amazes me. Katherine and I are obviously very close and definitely in the same stage of life (mommies with kids) but it still amazes me how when something happens, we just jump in our cars and drive the few hours to help each other out. I know this is a big relief to mom and I know that Katherine will also provide mom with much needed comic relief (if you don't know my sister, she's definitely the funny one in our family). She and mom stopped by late last night. Katherine had stopped by Carter's on her way down from Bainbridge Island and bought a preemie outfit. Mom bought one last Friday. So I have little baby clothes hanging up where I can see them... it's supposed to keep my spirits up and continue to be motivated for this little rascal:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

You continue to have my prayers - I'm sorry the beginnings of the induction didn't work out well.

And, how sweeet that Katharine came down, plus brought a preemie outfit! How sweet!

I'm also glad to read you are at 33.5 weeks, I've been worried all day!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home