Saturday, February 25, 2006

Late night with Christina B. Feb24/25

So we finally finished the IVIG for the day. It can take a good 8-9 hours to get the stuff into me. So since i'm awake, i figured i would do a little write up. Saw baby petros this morning... he was asleep. Then the docs decided to do this IV thing and when they do it, they give me benadryl (and remember, benadryl totally wipes me out). And while doing the IVIG, they are continuously monitoring my vitals. And every hour, they increase the amount that goes in. So it's kind of an in depth process. I wasn't able to go back to see petros again until after my parents came this evening, around 8:30pm. Which was a good time to go see him as he was getting ready to eat. I didn't trust myself to holding him or feeding him because of the benadryl. Normally, I would have jumped at the opportunity. He is out of the iselet now, regulating his own little body temp. He was wide awake and very alert, looking at everything. He has these big eyes. We watched him get weighed... he's already up to 4 lbs 14.6 oz. so he's growing. He is still being mainly fed through a tube, but they keep giving him a bottle to help him develop his sucking. And he seems to like the pacifier, also used to develop his sucking. He seems to like to put his fingers in his mouth and to touch his face and ears. He was just so alert. I hope that tomorrow i'm feeling up to holding him.

Pavlos had another good day at preschool. I didn't see him today. Rob/Paul was so exhausted by the time he got to my parents home that I think he just wanted to relax. Sometimes people forget how things like this have an effect on the husband/papa. I think they are going to go to the zoo tomorrow for some papa/pavlos bonding.

I'm sure I'll have updates for you all tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get some good sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home