Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Feb. 21: Reporting Live From Christina's Hospital Room

Definitely please excuse any errors in this post. I'm on different pain meds for the c-section and my brain is extremely foggy.

Baby Petros is doing well. He is breathing on his own which is a great sign. They have his blood sugars almost stabilized and are continuing to monitor them. They are going to increase his formula intake and see how he responds as far as keeping it down, etc. His hemoticrit was actually high. Rob/Paul was able to hold him last night. The nurse took a polaroid picture for us. They are all so amazing, the doctors and nurses here. I have been able to see him only once, as I left the recovery room to go to my post-partum room. I was of course lying down and was only able to touch his tiny hand. I look forward to seeing him sometime today.

My hemoticrit this morning was 24.7. Before I went in for the c-section, it was 27 which the doctors were happy with. They were able to do a c-section with the absolute least amount of blood loss possible. My perinatologist was not on call yesterday, but he came in anyway because he wantedto deliver this baby. I really like the on call perinatologist, but it was nice to have bothe of them there. At this point, we are still watching and waiting to see what the next step will be for me. Obviously the greatest scenario is that this just all clears up now that I am no longer pregnant.

If you need to get ahold of me, my room number is now 363. Phone number is 503-216-3363. You can also reach me through an 800 number... 1-800-677-6752. Then ask the operator to put you through to rm. 363. Thank you all so much for the emails, phone calls, prayers, well wishes, EVERYTHING. If you do decide to visit me, just be understanding as far as pain meds, etc. that I am on. I do encourage you to stop by. If Rob/Paul is here when you do stop by, he can actually take you in to see Baby Petros:) I'm still not quite that mobile to be making lots of trips to see him. Thanks again, and maybe later today or tomorrow we might have more pictures to post up for everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

Christina!
Petros is beautiful!!! He looks like a little Pavlos :) I can't WAIT to see him! Wow, one church baby born, 5 more to go!

I'm so glad he's doing well. Take it easy now, and just baske in the glow of your new baby boy :) God is good!

Love,
Katie

11:59 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

He's so beautiful, I'm sitting here in tears!

You have my love and prayers.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I am so glad to hear of the baby`s safe arrival and your continuing recovery.
Many Years ! to you all.
In our prayers,
Elizabeth from the Garden Window blog.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Christina !

He is indeed beautiful! I am so glad you are both here and getting stronger by the minute.
You are all in our prayers daily.
I am so happy for you :-)
Catherine C.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Katie... Thanks for stopping by last night. Paul was probably very excited to show off our new little boy. You have been such a wonderful support and friend throughout all of this.

Mimi... we have never even met yet! Thanks for all of your prayers and the card and everything. God-willing, we will meet someday... maybe you could come down for a good old my big fat greek baptism:)

Rachel... I've already emailed you:) thanks for all your prayers and support and keeping the monastery updated on what is going on here with us. I hope you can get out here to meet our new little boy:)

Elizabeth from across the pond... your prayers are so greatly appreciated. It gives me shivers (in a good way) to know that all around the world, people are praying for us!

Catherine... you have been in my prayers. I was so worried about you and I was so happy to hear from James, right before going in to have this little man, that you are better. I promise to bring baby petros by to meet you in the next couple of months:)

John and Amy... new friends through cyberspace. I already commented on your blog regarding St. Nektarios. Would love to hear any St. Nektarios stories you might have. Thanks for your prayers.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I would LOVE to come down for a Big Fat Greek Baptism!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home