Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wed. Feb. 22 Early Edition... Live from Christina's Room

Last night, finally, mommy (meaning me) was able to go see Baby Petros for the second time. The first time I saw him was when they were wheeling me out of recovery. So they literally rolled me by him and I was able to touch his little hand and that was about it. I was not able to see his face very well because of the oxygen mask. Well, that's all changed. He is breathing very well on his own, he is still on an IV to keep his blood sugars stabilized which they seem to be stable. And he they are feeeding him fomula through a tube in his mouth. His sucking reflex has not developed which is normal for where he is gestationally. Rob/Paul is very excited to take any visitors to see him (although Rob/Paul is going to go to work today... but if you happen to stop by and are willing to push me down the hall in the wheelchair, I can take you to meet our little boy).

Mom and dad where able to get Pavlos enrolled in pre-school at Agia Sophia. Today is his first day. I'm going to miss it:( My big boy Pavlos is going to his first day of school. I hope and pray that he does well and is able to enjoy himself. So he will be in school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00-11:00, I believe. I know that this is a great relief for both my parents and for us. Pavlos needs more in his life than just visiting his mommy in the hospital. And my parents need a break from him, too. Pavlos has been living with them for over a month, now. I guess the plan for today is that they will take him to school and then come and see me.

As far as my health, the surgeon came by to visit me yesterday. Guess I was set up to have a splenectomy tomorrow. That has now been cancelled. Everyone is so pleased with how the recovery is going that they are taking the wait and see approach to how my body responds now that I'm not pregnant. I'm now able to go off of the diabetic diet (yeah) as long as my blood sugars remain below 200 (which they have been). I'm already eating solid/regular foods which is great. Right now I guess I'm waiting to see what this morning's labs are like.

I think that's it for my morning report. Thanks again for all the phone calls, emails, blogger comments, etc. Rob/Paul, Pavlos, Petros, and I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Best wishes to Pavlos in Preschool - what a wonderful time for him to enjoy!

I'm so pleased that you got to spend time with Petros - when my oldest was born, he had aspirated some meconium so he was rushed right into the nursery, and it was several hours until I got to see and hold him - so I know how you feel!

Hugs and love!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home