Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lab Updates Feb. 23

Well, my labs are up to 26. Just got to get to 27 and we can start tapering the prednisone. Whoopeee! I am, at this point, in the hospital until Monday. Just to keep monitoring, etc. So that's the latest word.

I was able to go visit Petros about an hour ago. If you visit me, you get to visit him (unless you aren't feeling well, etc.). You just have to wheel me to the NICU:) He is doing well. He was sleeping and so I wasn't able to hold him... his nurse gave me his tentative feeding schedule and I can go down there and hold him/feed him during that time. But he's doing so well. Rob/Paul and my dad took digital pictures last night, but they didn't leave the cameras with me. As soon as I have the cameras, I will post more pictures of baby petros. My dad seems to be so proud of his new little grandson and namesake... dad's excited because he's the darkest baby any of us have had (my mom's babies had dark hair, etc. but Katherine and I seem to have these blonde hair, blue eyed boys).

Thank God, it seems as if the best case scenario is happening... with the baby and with my blood levels. This is more than I could have ever hoped and prayed for.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I love seeing the words "Best case scenario" YAY! Thanks be to God!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

thank God indeed!! i love hearing good news about you and petros. cute stories about pavlos at school too :)

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina and family,
So glad that things are going well for you. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. May God continue to bless your family and bring you all together safe at home soon!
Jill K.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your bloodwork is looking better. What a cute picture of Pavlos.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

I haven't got on the net until now but you are in my daily prayers! We are all sick so I don't want to come visit until there's no snot running from Kirsten's or my nose.

Can't wait to see you! Hopefully this weekend!

Love,
Carrie

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home