Thursday, March 09, 2006

snow in march?!?!?

So who else in Portland thinks the weather is a little crazy today. It snowed. The snow in Vancouver has pretty much melted. But out at the hospital it was sure coming down. It's March 9 and it's snowing. I don't remember it ever snowing this late in the winter.

Today we went to the hospital, of course. I had a short appointment with my surgeon who is amazing. I love her dearly. I'm healing up nicely. Saw Petros for a little while, but couldn't stay long because we had Pavlos with us. Poor Pavlos. He hasn't even met his little brother. He's seen pictures and at least now is pointing to them and saying that's baby petros. They won't let you in the NICU unless your 12 years old. After that we decided to venture to Target. We received a gift card from Rob/Paul's work. It's the first time since I've been to a store in weeks. It was a bit of a surreal experience. Overwhelming, actually. But I was able to get everything I had on my list.

Tomorrow, if the weather doesn't keep us from the hospital, Fr. Theodore will meet us there to do the eighth day blessing (even though it's been more than eight days since Petros was born).

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

We were also marveling at the snow. Here, in the NE side of Portland, it was just coming down in huge flakes but not sticking. But when I took the kids over to art class, we saw tons of snow on the ground! I dropped the kids off, then I was going to go downtown using the back road--Burnside, driving right by St. Vincent's. But I didn't get too far as it got very icey and lots of traffic, and some people were slipping all over the place. I saw a school bus that was stuck because it kept fishtailing and it just stopped and waited for help. I was actually quite relieved to get back to my side of town where there was no snow or ice on the ground.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It snowed here as well.

My prayers will be with you on the 8th Day Blessing! Wonderful news.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home