Tuesday, March 07, 2006

lab results...

Went to the doctor just to have labs drawn. Hematocrit is 36. Woohoo! that's almost normal. I'm feeling good, still going slow, but getting stronger everyday. I was ablet o feed Petros this morning. He drank half his bottle, more than he has ever done. But he needs to be able to drink the whole thing. So he's making progress. Pavlos spent the morning with his nouna (godmother) so that I could get to the hospital. He had fun. I had my mom take pictures of me with the baby because we don't have any with me in them (I'm always the family photographer... never the photographee). I will try to post some later today. Especially because Petros was so alert this morning:) Yesterday I did a "normal" person thing... I plucked my eyebrows. I know, it sounds kind of dorky, but it just seems to be those little things that are so good to be able to do. And yesterday was Kathera Devtera (literally clean Monday) so I helped mom clean out the fridge for Lent. We get rid of all the foods we can't eat for the next forty days (although, really, mom made a shelf of foods that only Pavlos and I can eat because we are not fasting). But we did clean out the whole fridge, too which is always a good things to do. It's a Greek practice to do this on the first day of Lent. I don't now if the other Orthodox ethnic groups have a similar tradition. Anyway, I'm trying to do my little part of Lenten things around here. Even though I can't go to church until my 40 days post having the baby (although I now right now I couldn't make it to church anyway). My 40 days falls on April 1. Which means I will be able to celebrate Pascha/Easter this year (my due date was April 5 and I thought I would not be able to celebrate Pascha). So there are small blessings. And I hope by the time April 1 rolls around, Petros will be at home and we will be at home and things will be getting back to normal.

That's all for now... i was so excited to have good lab results for a change.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

What a great update! And, how wonderful about you and your boys getting to celebrate Pascha together! Thanks be to God!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

woohoo, labs are up!!I wanted to suggest we go out for a drink, but then remembered myself.
St Vincents doenst have a bar anyway:( Remember I was sad about that after your surgery!mom

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! congratulations on the labs! you must be feeling that. how good you get to be back at church for Pascha.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glory to God! And God-willing, what a glorious Pascha it will be to see your shining face and precious family there.
( I'll have to be sure to carry extra kleenex!!) - Lois

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home