Wednesday, March 01, 2006

march 1 update...

It was a very long night. They have me on an insulin drip and so they have to check my blood sugars every hour. Needless to say, I didn't get a whole heck of a lot of sleep. Surgery will be this afternoon... after 2pm. I don't really have anything new to report except that. Oh, did you know that it is possible that your body can grow another spleen? Isn't that interesting. It's very rare... but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. And the only thing that not having a spleen will really effect is that when I do get sick or start to run a fever, my doc. will most likely put me on antibiotics right away rather than waiting to see what happens. I think I can handle that. They actually kind of already do that to me because I have lupus.

Pavlos is sick. He has a bad cold. Poor guy. He isn't going to school today and my mom is going to try to take him to the clinic. Poor little guy. I hope he feels well soon. That's all for now. It's a long time until 2pm. I don't know when I will be able to post again... maybe tomorrow depending on how everything goes today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Will send up prayers and good thoughts your way before and at and after 2.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

You have my prayers. As does Pavlos.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home