Saturday, March 11, 2006

They took out the feeding tube:)

Petros no longer has the feeding tube in his nose. They will only put it in if he has a bad feeding! So we are that much closer to bringing him home. This morning he took his entire feeding from the bottle. And we are continuing to proceed through the different discharge stuff that we need to go through. From what it looks like, maybe the middle of this week to the end of the week he can come home.

Paul/Rob and I went to our home today and cleaned. We also put together the baby swing and the changing table and other baby stuff. But mostly, it was a time to get the house cleaned up so that when we do move back home, it will be one less thing for me to do. It was nice to be home. And it was nice to do some work (don't worry, I limited the things that I did). But I am feeling so much better.

My mother in law is in the process of getting her plane ticket. She is hoping to come the week of March 21 and stay through Pascha (Easter). We are so excited to have her come! And for that long of a period of time! I may have to have Pavlos' birthday at the end of April (his birthday is May 11) just so we can celebrate it with grandma! It will be good to have her here.

That's all for now. Pavlos went to a special class at the hospital for siblings of NICU patients. This is the first time we were able to take him to this class. It is only on Saturdays. Hopefully he won't have to go next Saturday because Petros might be home by then!!! I feel like things are starting to really come together... and that's a nice feeling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Christina. I'm so glad that the puzzle pieces are fitting into place. I hope your family is that much stronger from this endeavor. Glory to God!

Love in Christ,
chuck T.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Chuck, Our family is indeed stronger, and see's the power of prayer in this instance.
I wouldnt wish the past 2 months on my worst enemy.. It was such a rollercoaster with her blood levels up and down. Her "life threatening" procedures, her 14 blood transfusion, etc.
I told her when she was diagnosed with lupus that hardship builds character. I told her in the middle of this I think she has quite enough character.
I enjoyed your bio in the bulletin.
We attended your baptism:)
Susan

9:02 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Congratulations on the feeding tube! Whohoooo!

Your MIL will stay for quite a long time, enjoy the time!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home