Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Going Home...

We are going home tonight. So today I have to go grocery shopping for perishable items (I did my non-perishable shopping last week). We have been out of our home since mid-January. Two months. Oh, we've gone back to pick up mail and to clean the house and get baby stuff out of the attic. But we haven't lived in our home for two months. Let's just say I paid the electric bill the other day and it was $30. Probably because we had the thermostat set to 55 degrees and we had that "winter storm" of snow. I don't know if anyone else in Portland had an electric bill for the month of February that was that low:) And I'm posting on my blog because Pavlos is at school right now and Petros is sleeping. And, even my mom is sleeping:) I don't know if I should continue posting on this blog or go back to my other blog. Maybe I will make this a photo blog. I don't know. I do know that I am going to print out this blog for Petros' baby book. And when he is older, I can totally lay a guilt trip on him. Most mom's can only say... I carried you for nine months but I get to say, "I gave up my spleen for you." Just kidding, I would never do that. But it is kind of funny:) That's all for now. Thanks, everyone, for reading and for all of your prayers. I have been able to reconnect with old friends and have made new ones (who I haven't met, yet) through the blogosphere. It has been an experience. Ok, maybe I will use this blog to process what happened in the coming months. When I am able!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I havent looked to see what our electric bill and food bill has been for the last two months!!!
Dad built a roaring fire in the wood stove every night because Pavlos likes it:)
We our so thankful this had a happy ending, and we will miss our guests when they leave.
Especially Pavlos who grew so much in the hard, hard time.
I often wonder what he will remember of this time. All the trips to the hospital, sleeping at YiaYias house, Pappous making toast for him in the morning, being potty trained (hope he doesnt end up on a psychiatric couch over it,)and lastly bringing home baby Petros.
It has been a trip!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahahahha! "I gave my spleen for you". Giggle.

Just keep me posted, and enjoy being home with your family.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home