Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thoughts on a Sunday Morning...

It is Sunday morning. Everyone has gone to church. It is just Baby Petros and I at home. Next Sunday will be our 40 days so we will go to church for a special blessing. And then we will be able to go to church after that.

I keep thinking about how hard we prayed to have Petros. And then, watch out what you pray for because you just might get it. And God does not give you things the way you (or I) want them... they come the way He wants them. Not that I have any regrets (no, seriously, I do not), this baby definitely had a price (and it was my spleen:)

I keep thinking about how much Pavlos has changed. I cried in my hospital room on his first day of school because I couldn't be there. I'm his mommy and I couldn't be there. I am now taking him to school and picking him up. But I wasn't there the first day. He's going to be so disappointed that this week is Spring Break and there will not be school because he loves it!

I keep thinking about how I do not even know what day of the week it is (I only know it's Sunday because Rob/Paul told me it was Sunday). The pediatrician's office called me Thursday morning to confirm that we have an appt. at 9am tomorrow. I replied, "No, we have an appt. on Friday." And they said, "Tomorrow is Friday." Ok. Yes, you are right, tomorrow is Friday. We did make it to the appt. despite my inability to remember what day it is. I feel as if I have lost so much time that now I cannot keep track of it. And today is March 26 (at least, that's what my computer is telling me). Where did the last two months go? I am coming out of the fog of yucky medications and staying in the hospital but I can't even remember what day of the week it is... am I making progress?

We have some wonderful ladies in our parish who are making meals for us this week. It has been a blessing to not have to think about what's for dinner. And it has also been a blessing to see friends from church and have a little adult conversation. And show off Baby Petros.

That is if for thoughts on Sunday morning... I hope you weren't expecting anything too deep because, remember, I don't even know what day of the week it is!!!

Oh, by the way, happy feast day yesterday and happy nameday to my nouno (godfather) who is Evangelos. And happy Greek Independence Day (also yesterday). The mayor of Portland declared yesterday as everyone's Greek Day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Its ok Christina, dad lost the month of February.
It is like the whole months of Jan and Feb were lost.
We are so glad to have you better.
As Uncle John said yesterday, you got your daughter back and a grandson to boot.
They were so worried about you:)
We are all happy these days.
Love from mom

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home